Mother’s Day is one of the busiest days at restaurants. When your entire family is trying to honor mom, it can be difficult enough to find a reservation for a large group, and that doesn’t take into account the expense, long wait and crowded and noisy atmosphere. Instead of taking mom out to lunch this year, why not make different plans and host a brunch for the gang. Here are six tips to help you get started.
- You could host the brunch at your house, but if that isn’t an option, think about other places you might be able to rent. A winery, a tea room or event hall might have spaces for larger groups. Typically, they will have access to caterers, supplies and support staff, which means all you have to do is show up and let them take over.
- Make sure mom will be comfortable with what you’re planning. Choose her favorite dishes, not yours. Decorate in her favorite colors and flowers. Don’t be afraid to choose non-traditional brunch food, or mix up breakfast and dinner entrees to be unique.
- Don’t forget about entertainment. If you plan on being somewhere for a couple of hours, you want to make sure everyone gets a chance to talk to mom and there are things to keep people occupied. Put cameras on the tables. Have coloring books and crayons. Put out trivia about mom on the table for discussions.
- Plan for after the meal. Once you’re finished eating, go to the movies with mom. Get tickets to a stage play. Go shopping at the mall. The party doesn’t have to end when lunch is cleaned up.
- Make it personal. Play mom’s favorite music. Have scrapbook supplies available to make special pages while everyone’s there. Get the kids to perform. Use mom’s favorite quotes to decorate the table. Take some special pictures when everyone is together.
- Use the KISS-method. Keep it simple… Sometimes, a simple picnic in the park is better than a huge party that takes weeks of planning. Think about what your mom would really like and plan for her.
Remember That Mom Will Appreciate the Effort
It might take some effort making plans for a relaxed Mother’s Day, but you’ll be glad you did. For more information on health insurance services, send us a message through our online contact form. Like us on Facebook or find us on LinkedIn to learn more about health Insurance.