Are you enrolled in Covered California, and wondering what tax subsidies you are eligible for? Well, to qualify for tax credits, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal immigrant who is enrolled in Covered California
- Your annual household income must be between 138%* and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- You must not be eligible for any other form of public health insurance
- Premium Assistance: Again, you must have an annual household income of between 138%* and 400% of the FPL. You can use this for the bronze, silver, gold, or platinum health plans, and can opt to receive it ahead of time to lower your monthly installments.
- Cost-Sharing Subsidies: To receive this tax cut, you must meet the requirements for Premium Assistance, and your income must be between 138%* and 250% of the FPL. Additionally, you must have a silver-level plan.