- Have a heart to heart chat with your personal physician. This is the important groundwork step for this journey. They will help you determine what health issues need to be addressed and how quickly you should address them.
- Call a friend! The idea of keeping your health healthy may seem overwhelming. Get someone else involved to keep you motivated! There will be down days, lean on your support system.
- Get Moving! Just like you cannot win a marathon from the couch, you cannot win the battle of health from the same position. You need to move! Yes, it will be uncomfortable and you will find out you have muscles you forgot about. However, the pain will be worth it in the end.
- Set goals that will not drive you crazy! If you need extra motivation, buy an outfit a size smaller. Place it where you can see it and look at every day.
- Stay in regular contact with your doctor. Make sure you get an appointment if something does not feel right for more than forty-eight hours.
Remember every person's journey through a year is different. Use as many of these steps as you can. If you know someone else who can benefit from them, please share. Contact Sackett Insurance Services today for more information on making this year the healthiest one yet for you. Remember, no question is too small. We will answer any that you have.