- Get a checkup – make an appointment with your doctor to ensure your child is not starting the school year with any health issues. They will also be able to let you know about any other tips and tricks that can help you stay healthy.
- Sing a song – teach your children to sing a song while they are washing their hands to ensure that they are washing for the right amount of time. Have them recite the alphabet or sing “Happy Birthday” while washing with warm water and soap, making sure to scrub between their fingers.
- Remember your shots – check to make sure that your child’s immunizations are up to date. Your child’s school may require that they have certain immunizations before they are able to attend class. It is also recommended that your child gets a flu-shot to keep them healthy.
- Get into a routine – at least a week before the first day of school, start to get back into your school time routine. Have a set bedtime and quiet time a couple hours before bed to ensure that they get a restful night’s sleep.
- Check for lice – school age children are the most susceptible to head lice. If you notice that your kids are scratching their head more than usual, take a look at their head. Let your children know how important it is to not share hats, clothes, or combs with their classmates.
For all your health insurance needs and to keep your kids feeling their best this season, contact Sackett & Associates Insurance Services in Sonoma County, California.