We want to inform you about the future of ACA and Covered California as we get information. Here is some of the information received by Covered California sent to insurance brokers to explain what’s happening:
Consumers Need to Know Their Options
Open enrollment is the time when consumers can get health coverage. The deadline is January 31, 2017. Covered California will be providing messages to consumers about their options throughout this important time. Health insurance brokers should reassure consumers that:
- Covered California is open for business and happy to help you enroll or renew.
- Your Covered California coverage is not in jeopardy. We encourage you to renew into your existing plan or shop for a new plan that best fits you and your family. Don’t risk a financial burden in 2017 by not enrolling.
- Covered California does not rely on federal money or funding. Our exchange is state-run and self-sustainable.
- Your financial assistance (subsidies, APTC/CSR, small business tax credits) are protected under the law.
- Your coverage will remain intact for 2017 and the foreseeable future.
Health Insurance Doesn’t Have to Be Difficult
We understand that people who don’t speak “insurance” may have a hard time understanding which plans fit their needs. Our office is committed to helping you comprehend what’s available on the exchange for you and your family. We have group plans and individual plans that give you peace of mind.
For more information on open enrollment and for all of your health insurance needs, contact Sackett & Associates, your health insurance experts in Sonoma County, California. Follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our blog to keep up-to-date on what’s happening in the insurance market.