Common Effects of Stress
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Problems
- Upset Stomach
- Skin Irritations
Practicing yoga is an important tool in stress management. Yoga is a mind-body practice that dates back thousands of years. Developed as a path to spiritual awareness in ancient India, yoga is now more commonly practiced for its health benefits. Bringing together a focus of mind and body, yoga helps achieve a peacefulness, relaxation, and relief from stress.
Potential Benefits of Yoga and Stress Management
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety
- Enhanced Mood
- Improved Sense of Wellbeing
- Improved Balance, Flexibility, and Strength
- Improved Management of Chronic Conditions eg: Depression, Pain, and Insomnia
Yoga might seem complicated or awkward at first. Give up any preconceptions. Almost anyone can benefit from regular yoga practice. Flexibility is not a prerequisite, but instead comes with practice. Find a beginners class and a style that are comfortable. Hatha Yoga is a good choice for beginners due to it's slower movements. There are many other styles, and it is a matter of finding the right one.
Core Components of Most Yoga Styles
- Poses or Postures: Stretches designed to improve strength and flexibility.
- Breathing: Controlling breathing helps with controlling the body and relaxing the mind.
- Meditation or Relaxation: Yoga promotes mindfulness and awareness of the present, freeing the mind from stressing thoughts, and heals the body of ill effects.
Yoga is an effective stress management tool and promotes good health. Practice yoga to find serenity in life. Contact us at Sackett & Associates Insurance Services to find peace of mind in health care coverage.