1. Let the sun shine in. Opening your blinds and getting some natural light as soon as you wake up sends your body the message that it is time to rise and shine.
2. Hydrate. Sipping a beverage gently wakes up your metabolism and gets it running. Many people enjoy caffeinated drinks such as coffee or tea, which have the additional benefit of giving you that jolt of energy. However, if you are cutting down on your caffeine intake, infused water or herbal tea can be a great start to your day as well.
3. Eat Right. You want a breakfast that will leave you satisfied and energized, not sleepy and irritable. Clear the brain fog by including lots of protein in your balanced breakfast. While eggs and sausage are popular options, lighter proteins can do the job too. Milk, yogurt, nuts and nut butters are some ways to fuel your day.
4. Get enough sleep. All the tricks in the world won’t help you feel rested when you keep shortchanging yourself on sleep hours. Establishing a set bedtime can help you make sure that you get the sleep you need. Most people need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every night for optimum health. Getting less than that on a regular basis can cause not just grogginess throughout the day but can also affect your overall health.
5. Get moving. Exercise is known to up endorphins levels and stimulate energy. Setting up a quick morning exercise routine can leave you feeling refreshed and energized. Whether your idea of exercise is a leisurely walk around the block or an intense burst of cardio, as little as 5 minutes of exercise can raise both your mood and your energy levels.
For more information on healthy living and health insurance, contact Sackett & Associates Insurance Services at 707-823-3689.