- November 1st: The first of November is the initial day of the 2018 Open Enrollment and for signing up for health coverage for the following year.
- December 15th: This is the final day you can make changes to your current coverage plan or select a brand new one if you want your plan to take effect by the first of January.
- January 1st: As long as you successfully enrolled in a qualified plan before or on December 15th, your health insurance plan will take effect on the first of January.
- January 15th: This is the final day to either switch your plan or start a brand new policy if you want your coverage to begin on the very first of February.
- January 31st: The last day of January is also the last day of the 2018 Open Enrollment period. Adjustments to your policy made between the 16th and 31st of January will be scheduled to start on the first of March.
We recommend you plan on submitting all necessary information and paperwork well before the above deadlines. That way, you have some time to make corrections and submit any missed forms. Additionally, you want to make sure you have enough time to ask any questions you might have about plans you’re considering so you can make a more informed decision about which plan is the best fit for you and your individual healthcare needs.
For more information on open enrollment, reach out to Sackett & Associates Insurance Services at 707-823-3689. Like us on Facebook, find us on LinkedIn and subscribe to our blog.